What are the dimensions of the Fiat Ducato (2006-on)?
I'm working on my own panel van conversion, and I found that It's pretty hard to find the dimensions of just about any van. It's all over the place. That's why I've created this article. Why not help others that are doing something similar?
This page will be helpful when you're converting a van into a camper van, or when you're planning the layout for your new corporate van.'
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Fiat Ducato cargo space is 2670mm (L1), 3120mm (L2), 3705mm (L3), and 4070mm (L4).
- The interior width of the MutliJet 2 is 1870mm and the exterior width is 2254mm.
- The interior height of the Fiat Ducato is 1662mm (H1), 1932mm (H2), and 2172mm (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 3000mm (SWB), 3450mm (MWB), 3800mm (LWB), and 4035mm (XLWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1422mm.
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Fiat Ducato cargo space is 105.1" (L1), 122.8" (L2), 145.9" (L3), and 160.2" (L4).
- The interior width of the MutliJet 2 is 73.6" and the exterior width is 88.7".
- The interior height of the Fiat Ducato is 65.4" (H1), 76.1" (H2), and 85.5" (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 118.1" (SWB), 135.8" (MWB), 149.6" (LWB), and 158.9" (XLWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 56".
First, more on the Ducato
The Ducato is a very popular van for camper builders, thanks to its efficient engine and lightweight. The RAM ProMaster is built on the same chassis, so it's very similar to this model. Check out the RAM ProMaster's dimensions here.
Dimensions in tables
Outside dimensions of the Ducato:
|Exterior length (mm)||4963||5413||5998||6363||2254|
|Exterior length (inch)||195.4||213.1||236.1||250.5||88.7|
All models of the Fiat Ducato have the same interior and exterior width: 73.6" or 1870mm (interior); and 88.7" or 2254mm (exterior).
Interior dimensions of the Ducato:
|Interior length (mm)||2670||3120||3705||4070||1870|
|Interior length (inch)||105.1||122.8||145.9||160.2||73.6|
Maximum floor surface:
|Max. floor area||L1||L2||L3||L4|
|Square meters (m2)||5||5.8||6.9||7.6|
|Square feet (ft2)||53.7||62.8||74.6||81.9|
Please note that this is an indication and does not take into account the wheel arches.
The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1422mm, or 56".
Fiat Ducato roof height:
|Roof in millimeters||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (mm)||1662||1932||2172|
|Exterior height (mm)||2254||2524||2764|
|Roof in inches||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (inch)||65.4||76.1||85.5|
|Exterior height (inch)||88.7||99.4||108.8|
|Wheelbase||short (SWB)||medium (MWB)||long (LWB)||extra-long (XLWB)|
|Wheelbase length (mm)||3000||3450||3800||4035|
|Wheelbase length (inch)||118||136||150||159|
|Doors||Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (mm)||1250||1562|
|Door height (mm)||1485||1520|
|Door height H2 (mm)||1790|
|Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (inch)||49.2||61.5|
|Door height (inch)||58.5||59.8|
|Door height H2 (inch)||70.5|
More Info on Dimensions
If you want to know...
- why there's a difference in exterior and interior width
- what L1 or H3 means
- how to read measurements
- or why dimensions matter
... I encourage you to read my post on how to understand van dimensions.
Can you stand up in a Fiat MutliJet 2?
Standing up in an empty van
The interior roof height of a Fiat Ducato is
1662mm (H1) - 1932mm (H2) - 2172mm (H3) .
If you are of medium height (178cm or 5"10') you can't stand up in a Fiat Ducato H1. But you can stand up in a Fiat Ducato H2 and up.
What happens if I insulate the van?
Are you planning on insulating and cladding the floor and roof? In that case you can't stand up fully in a Ducato H1. But you would still be able to stand up in a H2 model and up.
What's a MutliJet 2 high top?
Fiat provides their MutliJet 2s with both high and low tops. High tops are elevated roofs to provide more headroom. Generally, everything above H2 is considered a high top, and should offer sufficient space to stand up fully.
Did you find the answer to your specific question?
👍 25 👎 3
About Van Dimensions
Hi, I'm Jim Belt and I own a 1974 Mercedes L508D. I love old vans, especially MBs - and I plan to live in one.about me