What are the dimensions of the RAM ProMaster (2013-on)?
In this article we get specific on the dimensions of the ProMaster. If you're looking for details, such as the internal dimensions, you're in the right place.
This page will be helpful when you're planning a ProMaster camper van conversion, or when you're planning the racking for your work van.
- The interior dimensions (length) of the RAM ProMaster cargo space is 2670mm (L1), 3120mm (L2), 3705mm (L3), and 4070mm (L4).
- The interior width of the ProMaster is 1920mm and the exterior width is 2690mm.
- The interior height of the RAM ProMaster is 1661mm (H1), and 1930mm (H2).
- The wheelbase lengths are 3000mm (SWB), 3450mm (MWB), and 4035mm (LWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1417mm.
- The interior dimensions (length) of the RAM ProMaster cargo space is 105.1" (L1), 122.8" (L2), 145.9" (L3), and 160.2" (L4).
- The interior width of the ProMaster is 75.6" and the exterior width is 105.9".
- The interior height of the RAM ProMaster is 65.4" (H1), and 76" (H2).
- The wheelbase lengths are 118.1" (SWB), 135.8" (MWB), and 158.9" (LWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 55.8".
First, more on the ProMaster
The Ram ProMaster is based on a Fiat Ducato chassis, so it's wheelbase size and chassis size is the same as that of the Ducato. The ProMaster is the follow-up of the Dodge Sprinter. The Dodge Sprinter is out of production since 2008.
It comes in four lengths (L1 - L4) and two heights (standard roof H1 and high roof H2). The H2 allows to most average people to stand up in the back of the van.
It offers a decent amount of floor surface and is a practical van for conversion and racking, since the sides are rather straight. It does mean however that fuel economy is somewhat reduced.
Dimensions in tables
Outside dimensions of the ProMaster:
|Exterior length (mm)||4963||5413||5997||6363||2690|
|Exterior length (inch)||195.4||213.1||236.1||250.5||105.9|
All models of the RAM ProMaster have the same interior and exterior width: 75.6" or 1920mm (interior); and 105.9" or 2690mm (exterior).
Interior dimensions of the ProMaster:
|Interior length (mm)||2670||3120||3705||4070||1920|
|Interior length (inch)||105.1||122.8||145.9||160.2||75.6|
Maximum floor surface:
|Max. floor area||L1||L2||L3||L4|
|Square meters (m2)||5.1||6||7.1||7.8|
|Square feet (ft2)||55.2||64.5||76.6||84.1|
Please note that this is an indication and does not take into account the wheel arches.
The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1417mm, or 55.8".
RAM ProMaster roof height:
|Roof in millimeters||H1||H2|
|Interior height (mm)||1661||1930|
|Exterior height (mm)||2253||2525|
|Roof in inches||H1||H2|
|Interior height (inch)||65.4||76|
|Exterior height (inch)||88.7||99.4|
|Wheelbase||short (SWB)||medium (MWB)||long (LWB)|
|Wheelbase length (mm)||3000||3450||4035|
|Wheelbase length (inch)||118||136||159|
|Doors||Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (mm)||1074||1562|
|Door height (mm)||1486||1520|
|Door height H2 (mm)||1790|
|Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (inch)||42.3||61.5|
|Door height (inch)||58.5||59.8|
|Door height H2 (inch)||70.5|
More Info on Dimensions
If you want to know...
- why there's a difference in exterior and interior width
- what L1 or H3 means
- how to read measurements
- or why dimensions matter
... I encourage you to read my post on how to understand van dimensions.
Can you stand up in a RAM ProMaster?
Standing up in an empty van
The interior roof height of a RAM ProMaster is
1661mm (H1) - 1930mm (H2) .
If you are of medium height (178cm or 5"10') you can't stand up in a RAM ProMaster H1. But you can stand up in a RAM ProMaster H2 and up.
What happens if I insulate the van?
Are you planning on insulating and cladding the floor and roof? In that case you can't stand up fully in a ProMaster H1. But you would still be able to stand up in a H2 model and up.
What's a ProMaster high top?
RAM provides their ProMasters with both high and low tops. High tops are elevated roofs to provide more headroom. Generally, everything above H2 is considered a high top, and should offer sufficient space to stand up fully.
Did you find the answer to your specific question?
👍 24 👎 9
About Van Dimensions
Hi, I'm Jim Belt and I own a 1974 Mercedes L508D. I love old vans, especially MBs - and I plan to live in one.about me