What are the dimensions of the Renault Master RWD (2010-on)?
I'm working on my own panel van conversion, and I found that It's pretty hard to find the dimensions of just about any van. It's all over the place. That's why I've created this article. Why not help others that are doing something similar?
This page will be helpful when you're converting a van into a camper van, or when you're planning the layout for your new corporate van.'
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Renault Master RWD cargo space is 2583mm (L1), 3083mm (L2), and 3722mm (L3).
- The interior width of the Master Van is 1765mm and the exterior width is 2470mm.
- The interior height of the Renault Master RWD is 1700mm (H1), 1894mm (H2), and 2144mm (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 3182mm (SWB), 3682mm (MWB), and 4332mm (LWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1380mm.
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Renault Master RWD cargo space is 101.7" (L1), 121.4" (L2), and 146.5" (L3).
- The interior width of the Master Van is 69.5" and the exterior width is 97.2".
- The interior height of the Renault Master RWD is 66.9" (H1), 74.6" (H2), and 84.4" (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 125.3" (SWB), 145" (MWB), and 170.6" (LWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 54.3".
Prefer tables? So do I. Click the button (scrolls down), or read on:
Some info on the Master RWD
Renault has made this model from 2010 on. It's the third generation of Masters. This is the Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) version of the Renault Master. For a van with smaller dimensions, please check out the Renault Master Front Wheel Drive (FWD).
Dimensions in tables
Outside dimensions of the Master RWD:
|Exterior length (mm)||5048||5548||6198||2470|
|Exterior length (inch)||198.7||218.4||244||97.2|
All models of the Renault Master RWD have the same interior and exterior width: 69.5" or 1765mm (interior); and 97.2" or 2470mm (exterior).
Interior dimensions of the Master RWD:
|Interior length (mm)||2583||3083||3722||1765|
|Interior length (inch)||101.7||121.4||146.5||69.5|
Maximum floor surface:
|Max. floor area||L1||L2||L3|
|Square meters (m2)||4.6||5.4||6.6|
|Square feet (ft2)||49.1||58.6||70.7|
Please note that this is an indication and does not take into account the wheel arches.
The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1380mm, or 54.3".
Renault Master RWD roof height:
|Roof in millimeters||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (mm)||1700||1894||2144|
|Exterior height (mm)||2303||2495||2744|
|Roof in inches||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (inch)||66.9||74.6||84.4|
|Exterior height (inch)||90.7||98.2||108|
|Wheelbase||short (SWB)||medium (MWB)||long (LWB)|
|Wheelbase length (mm)||3182||3682||4332|
|Wheelbase length (inch)||125||145||171|
|Doors||Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (mm)||1050||1580|
|Door height (mm)||1582||1627|
|Door height H2 (mm)||1820|
|Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (inch)||41.3||62.2|
|Door height (inch)||62.3||64.1|
|Door height H2 (inch)||71.7|
More Info on Dimensions
If you want to know...
- why there's a difference in exterior and interior width
- what L1 or H3 means
- how to read measurements
- or why dimensions matter
... I encourage you to read my post on how to understand van dimensions.
Can you stand up in a Renault Master Van?
Standing up in an empty van
The interior roof height of a Renault Master RWD is
1700mm (H1) - 1894mm (H2) - 2144mm (H3) .
If you are of medium height (178cm or 5"10') you can't stand up in a Renault Master RWD H1. But you can stand up in a Renault Master RWD H2 and up.
What happens if I insulate the van?
Are you planning on insulating and cladding the floor and roof? In that case you can't stand up fully in a Master RWD H1. But you would still be able to stand up in a H2 model and up.
What's a Master Van high top?
Renault provides their Master Vans with both high and low tops. High tops are elevated roofs to provide more headroom. Generally, everything above H2 is considered a high top, and should offer sufficient space to stand up fully.
About Van Dimensions
Hi, I'm Jim Belt and I own a 1974 Mercedes L508D. I love old vans, especially MBs - and I plan to live in one.about me