What are the dimensions of the RAM ProMaster City (2015-on)?
Looking for detailed dimensions of your minivan? I'll help you out. Find the internal cargo dimensions, rear door height, and more.
This article will be helpful if you're trying to figure out whether you can use the ProMaster for moving your Queen size mattress, which I've already discussed here - there's maths involved. Start here to prevent any unwanted surprises.
- The interior dimensions (length) of the RAM ProMaster City cargo space is 1820mm (L1), and 2170mm (L2).
- The interior width of the PM Van is 1741mm and the exterior width is 2148mm.
- The interior height of the RAM ProMaster City is 1305mm (H1), 1550mm (H2), and 1550mm (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 3109mm (SWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1229mm.
- The interior dimensions (length) of the RAM ProMaster City cargo space is 71.7" (L1), and 85.4" (L2).
- The interior width of the PM Van is 68.5" and the exterior width is 84.6".
- The interior height of the RAM ProMaster City is 51.4" (H1), 61" (H2), and 61" (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 122.4" (SWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 48.4".
Some more on the ProMaster City Van
The 2015 PM City is the follow up of the Dodge Grand Caravan. It's a rebadging of the Italian Fiat Doblò. It comes in two models: the Van and the Wagon.
The Van model doesn't have any passenger seats in the rear. The Wagon can be fitted with an additional seat row in the rear. Unline the Doblo, it doesn't come with a third seat, or with rear windows. So your passengers will be seated in the dark.
The Fiats are imported as passenger vans, and can be converted into compact cargo vans after import.
Dimensions in tables
Outside dimensions of the ProMaster City:
|Exterior length (mm)||4390||4740||2148|
|Exterior length (inch)||172.8||186.6||84.6|
All models of the RAM ProMaster City have the same interior and exterior width: 68.5" or 1741mm (interior); and 84.6" or 2148mm (exterior).
Interior dimensions of the ProMaster City:
|Interior length (mm)||1820||2170||1741|
|Interior length (inch)||71.7||85.4||68.5|
Maximum floor surface:
|Max. floor area||L1||L2|
|Square meters (m2)||3.2||3.8|
|Square feet (ft2)||34.1||40.7|
Please note that this is an indication and does not take into account the wheel arches.
The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1229mm, or 48.4".
RAM ProMaster City roof height:
|Roof in millimeters||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (mm)||1305||1550||1550|
|Exterior height (mm)||1845||1880||2125|
|Roof in inches||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (inch)||51.4||61||61|
|Exterior height (inch)||72.6||74||83.7|
|Wheelbase length (mm)||3109|
|Wheelbase length (inch)||122|
|Door width (mm)||1231|
|Door height (mm)||1235|
|Door height H2 (mm)||1450|
|Door width (inch)||48.5|
|Door height (inch)||48.6|
|Door height H2 (inch)||57.1|
More Info on Dimensions
If you want to know...
- why there's a difference in exterior and interior width
- what L1 or H3 means
- how to read measurements
- or why dimensions matter
... I encourage you to read my post on how to understand van dimensions.
Can you stand up in a RAM PM Van?
Standing up in an empty van
The interior roof height of a RAM ProMaster City is
1305mm (H1) - 1550mm (H2) - 1550mm (H3) .
If you are of medium height (178cm or 5"10') you can't stand up in a RAM ProMaster City H1. .
What happens if I insulate the van?
Are you planning on insulating and cladding the floor and roof? In that case you can't stand up fully in a ProMaster City H1. .
What's a PM Van high top?
RAM provides their PM Vans with both high and low tops. High tops are elevated roofs to provide more headroom. Generally, everything above H2 is considered a high top, and should offer sufficient space to stand up fully.
Did you find the answer to your specific question?
👍 2 👎 3