What are the dimensions of the Peugeot Boxer (2014-on)?
I'm working on my own panel van conversion, and I found that It's pretty hard to find the dimensions of just about any van. It's all over the place. That's why I've created this article. Why not help others that are doing something similar?
This page will be helpful when you're converting a van into a camper van, or when you're planning the layout for your new corporate van.'
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Peugeot Boxer cargo space is 2650mm (L1), 3120mm (L2), 3705mm (L3), and 4070mm (L4).
- The interior width of the Boxer is 1870mm and the exterior width is 2254mm.
- The interior height of the Peugeot Boxer is 1662mm (H1), 1932mm (H2), and 2169mm (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 3000mm (SWB), 3450mm (MWB), and 4035mm (LWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1422mm.
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Peugeot Boxer cargo space is 104.3" (L1), 122.8" (L2), 145.9" (L3), and 160.2" (L4).
- The interior width of the Boxer is 73.6" and the exterior width is 88.7".
- The interior height of the Peugeot Boxer is 65.4" (H1), 76.1" (H2), and 85.4" (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 118.1" (SWB), 135.8" (MWB), and 158.9" (LWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 56".
Prefer tables? So do I. Click the button (scrolls down), or read on:
First, more on the Boxer
The Peugeot Boxer, third generation, is based on the Fiat Ducato, so it's very similar to it. Check out the Fiat Ducato here.
Dimensions in tables
Outside dimensions of the Boxer:
|Exterior length (mm)||4963||5413||5998||6363||2254|
|Exterior length (inch)||195.4||213.1||236.1||250.5||88.7|
All models of the Peugeot Boxer have the same interior and exterior width: 73.6" or 1870mm (interior); and 88.7" or 2254mm (exterior).
Interior dimensions of the Boxer:
|Interior length (mm)||2650||3120||3705||4070||1870|
|Interior length (inch)||104.3||122.8||145.9||160.2||73.6|
Maximum floor surface:
|Max. floor area||L1||L2||L3||L4|
|Square meters (m2)||5||5.8||6.9||7.6|
|Square feet (ft2)||53.3||62.8||74.6||81.9|
Please note that this is an indication and does not take into account the wheel arches.
The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1422mm, or 56".
Peugeot Boxer roof height:
|Roof in millimeters||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (mm)||1662||1932||2169|
|Exterior height (mm)||2254||2522||2760|
|Roof in inches||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (inch)||65.4||76.1||85.4|
|Exterior height (inch)||88.7||99.3||108.7|
|Wheelbase||short (SWB)||medium (MWB)||long (LWB)|
|Wheelbase length (mm)||3000||3450||4035|
|Wheelbase length (inch)||118||136||159|
|Doors||Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (mm)||1250||1562|
|Door height (mm)||1485||1520|
|Door height H2 (mm)||1790|
|Door height H3 (mm)||2023|
|Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (inch)||49.2||61.5|
|Door height (inch)||58.5||59.8|
|Door height H2 (inch)||70.5|
|Door height H3 (inch)||79.6|
More Info on Dimensions
If you want to know...
- why there's a difference in exterior and interior width
- what L1 or H3 means
- how to read measurements
- or why dimensions matter
... I encourage you to read my post on how to understand van dimensions.
Can you stand up in a Peugeot Boxer?
Standing up in an empty van
The interior roof height of a Peugeot Boxer is
1662mm (H1) - 1932mm (H2) - 2169mm (H3) .
If you are of medium height (178cm or 5"10') you can't stand up in a Peugeot Boxer H1. But you can stand up in a Peugeot Boxer H2 and up.
What happens if I insulate the van?
Are you planning on insulating and cladding the floor and roof? In that case you can't stand up fully in a Boxer H1. But you would still be able to stand up in a H2 model and up.
What's a Boxer high top?
Peugeot provides their Boxers with both high and low tops. High tops are elevated roofs to provide more headroom. Generally, everything above H2 is considered a high top, and should offer sufficient space to stand up fully.
About Van Dimensions
Hi, I'm Jim Belt and I own a 1974 Mercedes L508D. I love old vans, especially MBs - and I plan to live in one.about me