What are the dimensions of the Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro (2014-2018)?
I'm working on my own panel van conversion, and I found that It's pretty hard to find the dimensions of just about any van. It's all over the place. That's why I've created this article. Why not help others that are doing something similar?
This page will be helpful when you're converting a van into a camper van, or when you're planning the layout for your new corporate van.'
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro cargo space is 2537mm (L1), and 2937mm (L2).
- The interior width of the Vivaro B is 1662mm and the exterior width is 2283mm.
- The interior height of the Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro is 1387mm (H1), and 1897mm (H2).
- The wheelbase lengths are 3098mm (SWB), and 3498mm (MWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1268mm.
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro cargo space is 99.9" (L1), and 115.6" (L2).
- The interior width of the Vivaro B is 65.4" and the exterior width is 89.9".
- The interior height of the Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro is 54.6" (H1), and 74.7" (H2).
- The wheelbase lengths are 122" (SWB), and 137.7" (MWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 49.9".
First, more on the Vivaro
The Opel or Vauxhall Vivaro B is the second generation Vivaro Vans, and is made from 2014 - 2018.
It's a rebranding of the Renault Trafic, meaning it has the same dimensions. It's made by Renault in Sandouville, France.
Vauxhall is the brand name for all UK produced Opel cars, and has right-side steering. The UK vans are made in Luton, UK.
Dimensions in tables
Outside dimensions of the Vivaro:
|Exterior length (mm)||4999||5399||2283|
|Exterior length (inch)||196.8||212.6||89.9|
All models of the Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro have the same interior and exterior width: 65.4" or 1662mm (interior); and 89.9" or 2283mm (exterior).
Interior dimensions of the Vivaro:
|Interior length (mm)||2537||2937||1662|
|Interior length (inch)||99.9||115.6||65.4|
Maximum floor surface:
|Max. floor area||L1||L2|
|Square meters (m2)||4.2||4.9|
|Square feet (ft2)||45.4||52.5|
Please note that this is an indication and does not take into account the wheel arches.
The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1268mm, or 49.9".
Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro roof height:
|Roof in millimeters||H1||H2|
|Interior height (mm)||1387||1897|
|Exterior height (mm)||1971||2498|
|Roof in inches||H1||H2|
|Interior height (inch)||54.6||74.7|
|Exterior height (inch)||77.6||98.3|
|Wheelbase||short (SWB)||medium (MWB)|
|Wheelbase length (mm)||3098||3498|
|Wheelbase length (inch)||122||138|
|Doors||Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (mm)||1030||1391|
|Door height (mm)||1284||1320|
|Door height H2 (mm)||1820|
|Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (inch)||40.6||54.8|
|Door height (inch)||50.6||52|
|Door height H2 (inch)||71.7|
More Info on Dimensions
If you want to know...
- why there's a difference in exterior and interior width
- what L1 or H3 means
- how to read measurements
- or why dimensions matter
... I encourage you to read my post on how to understand van dimensions.
Can you stand up in a Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro B?
Standing up in an empty van
The interior roof height of a Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro is
1387mm (H1) - 1897mm (H2) .
If you are of medium height (178cm or 5"10') you can't stand up in a Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro H1. But you can stand up in a Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro H2 and up.
What happens if I insulate the van?
Are you planning on insulating and cladding the floor and roof? In that case you can't stand up fully in a Vivaro H1. But you would still be able to stand up in a H2 model and up.
What's a Vivaro B high top?
Opel/Vauxhall provides their Vivaro Bs with both high and low tops. High tops are elevated roofs to provide more headroom. Generally, everything above H2 is considered a high top, and should offer sufficient space to stand up fully.
Did you find the answer to your specific question?
👍 4 👎 2
About Van Dimensions
Hi, I'm Jim Belt and I own a 1974 Mercedes L508D. I love old vans, especially MBs - and I plan to live in one.about me