What are the dimensions of the Nissan NV400 RWD (2010-on)?
I'm working on my own panel van conversion, and I found that It's pretty hard to find the dimensions of just about any van. It's all over the place. That's why I've created this article. Why not help others that are doing something similar?
This page will be helpful when you're converting a van into a camper van, or when you're planning the layout for your new corporate van.'
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Nissan NV400 RWD cargo space is 2583mm (L1), 3083mm (L2), and 3722mm (L3).
- The interior width of the NV400 is 1765mm and the exterior width is 2470mm.
- The interior height of the Nissan NV400 RWD is 1700mm (H1), 1894mm (H2), and 2144mm (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 3182mm (SWB), 3682mm (MWB), and 4332mm (LWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1380mm.
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Nissan NV400 RWD cargo space is 101.7" (L1), 121.4" (L2), and 146.5" (L3).
- The interior width of the NV400 is 69.5" and the exterior width is 97.2".
- The interior height of the Nissan NV400 RWD is 66.9" (H1), 74.6" (H2), and 84.4" (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 125.3" (SWB), 145" (MWB), and 170.6" (LWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 54.3".
First, more on the NV400
The Nissan NV400 is made by Renault from 2010 onwards. It is very similair to Renault's Master, and has the same dimensions.
Dimensions in tables
Outside dimensions of the NV400 RWD:
|Exterior length (mm)||5048||5548||6198||2470|
|Exterior length (inch)||198.7||218.4||244||97.2|
All models of the Nissan NV400 RWD have the same interior and exterior width: 69.5" or 1765mm (interior); and 97.2" or 2470mm (exterior).
Interior dimensions of the NV400 RWD:
|Interior length (mm)||2583||3083||3722||1765|
|Interior length (inch)||101.7||121.4||146.5||69.5|
Maximum floor surface:
|Max. floor area||L1||L2||L3|
|Square meters (m2)||4.6||5.4||6.6|
|Square feet (ft2)||49.1||58.6||70.7|
Please note that this is an indication and does not take into account the wheel arches.
The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1380mm, or 54.3".
Nissan NV400 RWD roof height:
|Roof in millimeters||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (mm)||1700||1894||2144|
|Exterior height (mm)||2303||2495||2744|
|Roof in inches||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (inch)||66.9||74.6||84.4|
|Exterior height (inch)||90.7||98.2||108|
|Wheelbase||short (SWB)||medium (MWB)||long (LWB)|
|Wheelbase length (mm)||3182||3682||4332|
|Wheelbase length (inch)||125||145||171|
|Doors||Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (mm)||1050||1580|
|Door height (mm)||1582||1627|
|Door height H2 (mm)||1820|
|Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (inch)||41.3||62.2|
|Door height (inch)||62.3||64.1|
|Door height H2 (inch)||71.7|
More Info on Dimensions
If you want to know...
- why there's a difference in exterior and interior width
- what L1 or H3 means
- how to read measurements
- or why dimensions matter
... I encourage you to read my post on how to understand van dimensions.
Can you stand up in a Nissan NV400?
Standing up in an empty van
The interior roof height of a Nissan NV400 RWD is
1700mm (H1) - 1894mm (H2) - 2144mm (H3) .
If you are of medium height (178cm or 5"10') you can't stand up in a Nissan NV400 RWD H1. But you can stand up in a Nissan NV400 RWD H2 and up.
What happens if I insulate the van?
Are you planning on insulating and cladding the floor and roof? In that case you can't stand up fully in a NV400 RWD H1. But you would still be able to stand up in a H2 model and up.
What's a NV400 high top?
Nissan provides their NV400s with both high and low tops. High tops are elevated roofs to provide more headroom. Generally, everything above H2 is considered a high top, and should offer sufficient space to stand up fully.
Did you find the answer to your specific question?
👍 0 👎 0