What are the dimensions of the Ford Transit Connect (2013-on)?
I'm working on my own panel van conversion, and I found that It's pretty hard to find the dimensions of just about any van. It's all over the place. That's why I've created this article. Why not help others that are doing something similar?
This page will be helpful when you're converting a van into a camper van, or when you're planning the layout for your new corporate van.'
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Ford Transit Connect cargo space is 1800mm (L1), 1816mm (L2), 2179mm (L3), and 2217mm (L4).
- The interior width of the Connect is 1760mm and the exterior width is 2136mm.
- The interior height of the Ford Transit Connect is 1072mm (H1), 1245mm (H2), and 1265mm (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 2262mm (SWB), and 3063mm (MWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1191mm.
- The interior dimensions (length) of the Ford Transit Connect cargo space is 70.9" (L1), 71.5" (L2), 85.8" (L3), and 87.3" (L4).
- The interior width of the Connect is 69.3" and the exterior width is 84.1".
- The interior height of the Ford Transit Connect is 42.2" (H1), 49" (H2), and 49.8" (H3).
- The wheelbase lengths are 89.1" (SWB), and 120.6" (MWB).
- The width between the wheel arches on this model is 46.9".
Prefer tables? So do I. Click the button (scrolls down), or read on:
First, more on the Connect
The Connect is a small panel van, which has a somewhat smaller wheelbase than it's big brother (the Transit). The long wheelbase however is nearly as long as the SWB Transit, so it provides plenty of room. This is the second generation Ford Transit Connect.
Dimensions in tables
Outside dimensions of the Transit Connect:
|Exterior length (mm)||4417||4417||4818||4818||2136|
|Exterior length (inch)||173.9||173.9||189.7||189.7||84.1|
All models of the Ford Transit Connect have the same interior and exterior width: 69.3" or 1760mm (interior); and 84.1" or 2136mm (exterior).
Interior dimensions of the Transit Connect:
|Interior length (mm)||1800||1816||2179||2217||1760|
|Interior length (inch)||70.9||71.5||85.8||87.3||69.3|
Maximum floor surface:
|Max. floor area||L1||L2||L3||L4|
|Square meters (m2)||3.2||3.2||3.8||3.9|
|Square feet (ft2)||34.1||34.4||41.3||42|
Please note that this is an indication and does not take into account the wheel arches.
The width between the wheel arches on this model is 1191mm, or 46.9".
Ford Transit Connect roof height:
|Roof in millimeters||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (mm)||1072||1245||1265|
|Exterior height (mm)||1829||1845||1850|
|Roof in inches||H1||H2||H3|
|Interior height (inch)||42.2||49||49.8|
|Exterior height (inch)||72||72.6||72.8|
|Wheelbase||short (SWB)||medium (MWB)|
|Wheelbase length (mm)||2262||3063|
|Wheelbase length (inch)||89||121|
|Doors||Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (mm)||612||1194|
|Door height (mm)||1140||1178|
|Door height H2 (mm)||1146|
|Side door||Rear door|
|Door width (inch)||24.1||47|
|Door height (inch)||44.9||46.4|
|Door height H2 (inch)||45.1|
More Info on Dimensions
If you want to know...
- why there's a difference in exterior and interior width
- what L1 or H3 means
- how to read measurements
- or why dimensions matter
... I encourage you to read my post on how to understand van dimensions.
Can you stand up in a Ford Connect?
Standing up in an empty van
The interior roof height of a Ford Transit Connect is 1072mm (H1) - 1245mm (H2) - 1265mm (H3) .
If you are of medium height (178cm or 5"10') you can't stand up in a Ford Transit Connect H1. .
What happens if I insulate the van?
Are you planning on insulating and cladding the floor and roof? In that case you can't stand up fully in a Transit Connect H1. .
What's a Connect high top?
Ford provides their Connects with both high and low tops. High tops are elevated roofs to provide more headroom. Generally, everything above H2 is considered a high top, and should offer sufficient space to stand up fully.
Looking for Floor Plans?I Want Floor Plans
About Van Dimensions
Hi, I'm Jim Belt and I own a 1974 Mercedes L508D. I love old vans, especially MBs - and I plan to live in one.about me